Friday, October 05, 2007

Garden Art and Artifacts: Regional Juried Fine Arts and Designer Craft Shows

Fountain - Sculpture Garden - Paradise City Arts Festival
May 2007

I'm captivated by regional arts and crafts shows. It seems as if each seasonal change brings another arts show or crafts fair to attend. Although I can't go to as many as I'd like, nor spend as much money as I'd like (!), I do manage to visit several each year.

I'm fortunate to have some friends who enjoy these shows as much as I do. Yes, we go to look at beautiful objects, eat great food and visit with other like-minded friends. However, I'm always on the look-out for items that might make my landscape garden inviting and distinctive.

I've learned over the years, by trial-and-error, where the good shows are located and how to comfortably enjoy the shows. I share some hints in Garden Art and Artifacts: Regional Juried Fine Arts and Designer Craft Shows.

This article is the beginning of a new series that features art in the garden. I've gathered a lot of information aver the years, but I'll add articles sporadically so as to not overwhelm anyone.

I'm always receptive to comments and ideas...thanks for reading!

No comments: